Bid on the following items at our Cocktail Party in the Park, Thursday, October 19th.
1. Two nights in an oceanfront room at Wyndham Deerfield Beach Resort Spend two nights and three days at this wonderful oceanfront resort in Deerfield Beach, Florida, that is just 33 steps to the beach. The Wyndham features 2 restaurants, an oceanfront pool, high speed internet, state of the art fitness center and valet laundry in 172 completely renovated guestrooms and suites located close to shopping, dining and nightlife. Get away from it all and relax.
Donated by Sandy and Arnold Chase Value: $550 This certificate is valid 10/19/2017 – 12/20/2017 and 5/1/2018 – 12/20/2018.
2. Seasons Tickets for two to the 2017 – 2018 CT Forum series. The CT Forum encourages the free and active exchange of ideas in Forums that inform, challenge, entertain, inspire, and build bridges among all people and organizations in our community. Seats are in the Front Orchestra section, Row G. This years topics are: “Laughter Anyone?” Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 8 p.m. “The State of Journalism and The News” Friday, March 16, 2018 at 8 p.m. “Chefs and The art of Food” Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 8 p.m.
Donated by Sandy and Arnold Chase Value: $600. Tickets are the responsibility of the purchaser and cannot be replaced if lost.
3. Four nights, five days at a condo in Pawleys Island, South Carolina Pawleys Plantation is a premier golf/country club located in Pawleys Island, one of the country’s first seaside resort communities. The perfect place to relax after a busy day of golf, beach, site seeing, shopping, fishing or kayaking. The property is a spacious two bedroom, two and a half bathroom condo situated on the 9th hole of a challenging Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. The pool, pub and clubhouse are just a two minute walk. The facility also includes tennis courts, full-size driving range and putting green as well as the renowned Mel Ritson Golf School. The unit features two bedrooms, each with their own private bathroom, deck and patio area. Three flat screen TVs, basic cable, wireless internet, ceiling fans and a well-stocked kitchen with dishwasher as well as a washer and dryer. Enjoy Southern Living at its best! No smoking, no pets
Donated Lisa and Joe Curran Value: $1,000 Dates: Negotiable but 90 days’ notice is preferable
4. Zulu Nyala: One week African Photo Safari for two. Airfare not included. Be a part of the exotic culture and wildlife of Africa during this six-night trip with accommodations for two at Zulu Nyala, a private preserve, where you will experience one of the richest wildlife conservation regions in South Africa.
You’ll have your choice of staying in Hemingway-style tents or a room at the Heritage Safari Lodge or Zulu Nyala Game Lodge with three meals a day prepared by international chefs. Experienced guides will take you out twice a day to explore the sights in open Land Rovers. Have your camera ready to photograph elephants, cheetahs, zebras, rhinos, hippos, giraffes, monkeys and other wildlife! Airfare, transfers and personal beverages are not included. A variety of side excursions also are available for additional fees. The trip is non-transfer-able and non-refundable but it is valid for two years from time of purchase.
Value: $5800 Minimum bid - $2500.
5. Week stay at a home on Port Royal Sound in Hilton Head, South Carolina Fabulous four-bedroom, three and a half-bathroom, 4,500-square-foot French Provincial house located on the water overlooking Port Royal Sound. Property includes a beautiful swimming pool and hot tub overlooking the water and outdoor kitchen and tiki hut. House is fully furnished with gourmet kitchen, family room with card table, foosball table and wet bar. A great opportunity to enjoy a relaxing week in Hilton Head biking, swimming and golfing. Kayaks and bikes at the house. Available for a week during June, July, August or September 2018. Donated anonymous.
Value: $6,000 Minimum bid: $2,000
6. Seasons Tickets for two to Hartford Stage! Premium gold seats! This package includes 5 performances in the 2017/2018 season. Seats are in Section D – row 9 – seat 213 and come with two complimentary drink or snack tickets (2) parking vouchers. Seder Sunday, October 22, 2017 2 p.m | Feeding The Dragon: Sunday, January 14, 2 p.m. | Agatha Christies Murder on the Orient Express, Sunday, February 18, 2 p.m | The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton Sunday, April 8, 2018 2 p.m | Statements after an arrest, Under the Immortality Act: Sunday, May 20, 2018 2 p.m. (This show contains nudity and is recommended for audiences 18 and older)
Donated by Arnold and Sandy Chase. Value: $1,000 Tickets are the responsibility of the purchaser and cannot be replaced if lost.
7. Three bedroom home in Charming Village of Yarmouth Port, Cape Cod Located north of Route 6A, in the historic, quaint village of Yarmouth Port, this is a lovely 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with lots of space for enjoying your vacation. It has a fully equipped eat-in kitchen, open living room/dining room with a beamed cathedral ceiling, a gas fireplace and french doors leading out to the back deck, patio and fenced yard. Amenities include a separate family room , flat screen TV with cable, Apple TV and a blue ray player, wireless, outdoor shower, outdoor coal grill, firepit and patio. First floor bedroom has a double bed and bath, upstairs features 2 bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with full/twin bunk beds. A second full bath is between these. A windowed alcove/sitting area off the upstairs hallway has a pull-out loveseat. Bonus room with skylights is carpeted and air conditioned. Great neighborhood with easy access to the Ancient Way (walking path that rambles along golf course). The home is next door to The Golf Club of Yarmouth Port, an 18 hole par 60 golf course (open to the public); Grays Beach with it's beautiful boardwalk and views is a short drive as well as access to numerous salt water beaches, fresh water ponds, restaurants, galleries and shopping. The legendary Cape Playhouse. Chatham and Orleans, with their galleries and shops, can be reached in about a half hour, and Provincetown is an easy hour's drive away along Routes 6A or 6. Best suited for up to 6 people. Pets considered.
Donated by Clare Philips and David Kulle Value: $1850 Available for 7 days—with dates to be agreed upon. Very flexible.